Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phughes200
Blue Screen Again
Views: 163
Message 1 of 2

T440S Screen warantty

I have a T440S that is still under warantty. The screen has a bright white spot about the size of a small led. It can be easly seen on a white bachground from several feet away. On a colored screen it appears as a spot of lighten color. It can not  be seen on a black background. I do not believe that this is a dead pixel. Is this covered by the Lenovo warantty?

If not, how easy is it to replace the screen. Are screen whitelisted in the Bios? Can I upgrade this to a touch screen? The current screen is a AU OPTRONICS B140HAN01.2

Can I use any version of B140HAN01 or does it have to be the .2 version? I assume that the 2 refers to the version number.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 146
Message 2 of 2

Re: T440S Screen warantty

I cannot be sure without seeing the screen.  Many white spots are "pressure spots", caused by physically pushing the face of the screen.  That sort of thing is considered "user caused" and would not be covered unless you got accidental damage coverage.  Failed pixels would probably be covered.  You are better off finding an exact match including a Lenovo FRU number.  The screens are made to fit many different makes and models and the same basic panel can have different mounting, different connector location and a different front covering (glossy vs. matte).  They could all be the samme base part number.  The screens are harder to do than some other machines.  The black border around the panel is stuck on with an adhesive much like rubber cement.  Under that, there is a bezel that is fairly fragle.  Lenovo recommends replacing those parts when you replace the screen.  If you are careful and want to try to reuse, I suggest a piece of waxed paper to be used to stick onto the black boarder when you are replacing the rest of the parts.

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Top Kudoed Authors