Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjavik
Paper Tape
Views: 4,837
Message 1 of 9

T440S battery2 not charging

Hi,

I've a new T440S. Battery2, removable, is not charging. I've changed the battery setting to charge between 45% and 71%. It's currently at 0% and not charging, Status: No activity.

I've tried to re-boot several times.

What might the issue be? And what is the solution?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Vik

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 4,813
Message 2 of 9

Re: T440S battery2 not charging

What is battery 1 doing?

bjavik
Paper Tape
Views: 4,799
Message 3 of 9

Battery 1 is charging normally, according to my defined settings. I was
under the impression that the BIOS controll this, charge battery 1 to 80%
and then battery 2 to 100% and then battery 1 again. This however doesn't
seem to work. I've just now tried to discharge the batteries to 0% and
restart, but again battery 2 just doesn't charge. Quite frustrating.
Any help would be much appreciated.

bjavik
Paper Tape
Views: 4,796
Message 4 of 9

Battery 1 only charges to 80%, and then just stay on that level....
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 4,783
Message 5 of 9

BIOS default setting is that battery 1 should charge to 80% and then battery 2 should start charging.

Did you set any custom charge threshold for battery 1?  Have you tried removing all your custom charge thresholds for both batteries?

Is there any chance that battery 2 is defective?  Can you remove it and reseat it?  Battery 2 is the removable battery (not the internal battery)

bjavik
Paper Tape
Views: 4,775
Message 6 of 9

I did try to remove all custom charge thresholds, for both batteries. I also tried to remove battery 2, the removable one, but it still doesn't charge. It might be default... how do I arrange for a new one to be sent to me?  

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 4,763
Message 7 of 9

To request warranty repair/replacement, you have to call service in your country.  It cannot be arranged from forum.

schreier1
Paper Tape
Views: 3,063
Message 8 of 9

If you are still looking for the solution, I have found it!  I was having the identical problem.  Both my battery #1 and my battery #2 would not fully charge. ! would go to 40% and 2 would never go above 65%. They would always show as "connected and not charging"  Anyway, the solution for me was downloading the app called Lenovo Systems.  Once I installed it, the batteries both strated charging and within two hours they wer both at 100% fully charged.  Needless to say I was thrilled, becuase I thought (and was told by BESTY BUY Geek Squad agents) that it had to be a mother bourd problem, and the cost to replace it was prohibitive.  I hope this helps you as much as it did me.

Lance

schreier1
Paper Tape
Views: 3,062
Message 9 of 9

If you are still having the problem, i think I have the solution.  I was having the same problem.  Neither my internal nor my external battery would take a full charge.  They both showed as "connected but not charging".  The solution for me was downolading an app called Lenovo Systems.   Once I dwonloaded and installed it, it took about two hours and both batteries were showing ups as 100% charged.  Halleluja!!  I had been told by the BEST BUY Geek Squd tech that it was a motherboard problem and it did not pay to replace it,  Now Ihave a fully functional machine.  I hope this solution works for you.  Good Luck.

Lance

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors