Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronnyb
Paper Tape
Views: 82
Message 1 of 5

T440S cable from AC Adapter to the Laptop

Do you know where to find the cable that the AC/DC Adapter to the laptop ? It's the cable that come out from the black box to the Laptop.

Thank you

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 66
Message 2 of 5

Re: T440S cable from AC Adapter to the Laptop

Hi ronnyb, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community! I'm sorry, those cables are not sold separately. They are captive to the adapter and it is considered to be one single part. I'm curious as to why you need this?

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
ronnyb
Paper Tape
Views: 63
Message 3 of 5

Thank you 

The wire got exposed and it doesn't work properly.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 54
Message 4 of 5

Ah OK. You might save some time by surfing the holiday sales and finding a replacement for the whole thing.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 43
Message 5 of 5

I think any repair is unlikely to be safe for long-term use.  Having said that, I have repaired then.  I cut the entire cord (both wires) in the area that was damaged .  I stripped about 2 inches of outer insulation from each side. and about 1/2" of inner insulation from each of the 4 wires, I slid a 3" piece of 1/4" heat-shrink tubing over the longer pair of wires. I slid a 1 1/2" piece of 1/8" heat shrink tubing over one side of each pair of wires.  I then twisted each of the matching pairs together.  I  soldered each pair and folded the soldered joint over so that it was next to its insulation.  I slid the 1/8" tubing over the joints and heated them to shrink the tubing. Finally, I slid the 1./4" tubing over the entire area and heated that.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors