Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
corpuszero
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,406
Message 1 of 5

T440p BIOS- Can't use Up/Down arrow keys [Defective?]

I think there's a problem with the current T440p BIOS as I cannot change menu items with the Up/Down arrow keys. The Up/Down keys work fine in Windows 10. Please fix !

Package  (ID)     UEFI BIOS  (BIOS ID)  ECP  (ECP ID)       Rev.  Issue Date
  ----------------  --------------------  ----------------    ----  ----------
  2.36  (GLUJ27US)  2.36  (GLET82WW)      1.12 (GLHT29WW)     01    2016/02/25

corpuszero
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,373
Message 2 of 5

Re: T440p BIOS - Can't use arrow keys

I contacted Lenovo by phone and they are of no help. The rep recommended that I use an external keyboard to change the settings, but it works fine in Windows 10 and I'm currently out of the country. He advised me to reflash to an older version but they aren't any older versions to roll back to on the support page !!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,362
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

I can't say that a roll-back is the fix, but there are older versions of the BIOS at the bottom of the page:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/ThinkPad-T-Series-laptops/ThinkPad-T44...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

corpuszero
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,350
Message 4 of 5

zoltanthegypsy, Thanks for the link !!

I tried flashing a revision down, and was the only option that would let me reflash the BIOS. Same thing, the arrow keys were unresponsive. I just bought a USB keyboard it miraculously worked !! I'm still not sure if it's a BIOS problem or it's just me...

corpuszero
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,301
Message 5 of 5

Re: T440p BIOS- Can't use Up/Down arrow keys [Defective?]

Ok, I just realized that I have a faulty DOWN ARROW key. That explains it. GRRRR

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors