Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zippi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,612
Message 1 of 6

T440p BIOS Update - Bottom Cover Tamper Detection

Hello,

we might found an issue with BIOS-Updates 2.48 and 2.49 for T440p.

Our T440p has Supervisor-Password set and Bottom Cover Tamper Detection enabled. If we update to BIOS 2.48 or 2.49 the Bottom Cover Tamper Detection is trigged and Supervisor-Password is needed. Older BIOS-Versions/Updates are fine.

This happends on 10/90 T440p. It is no option to enter Supervisor-Password for the other 80 devices.

Is this a known issue? Is there hope that this will be fixed?

Thank in advance

Stefan03
What's DOS?
Views: 1,233
Message 2 of 6

Re: T440p BIOS Update - Bottom Cover Tamper Detection

Hi Zippi,

we're running into the same problem right now.

The entire 4 series (X240, T440 and T440p) seems to be affected.

We have 82 affected systems.

Have you had any more insights yet?

If not, I'd open a ticket on Lenovo.

Regards,

Stefan

Zippi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,205
Message 3 of 6

Hi Stefan,

unfortunately, no. I had opened a ticket and they promise me to forward that issue. Never heard of it again. I see that there is a UEFI 2.50 out, i have not tried this so far.

Thanks for the information hat x240 is also effected.

Regards,

Zippi

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,154
Message 4 of 6

Hello,

I was able to reproduce the issue today. I updated a system from BIOS v.2.37 to v.2,48 after activating tamper and setting a supervisor password, I then experienced the symptoms described.

After updating to v.2.50 the symptoms disappeared. Please update your systems to v.2.50 and let us know if this solves the issue for you.

Thanks in advance

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Stefan03
What's DOS?
Views: 1,141
Message 5 of 6

Hello Andy,

the error occurs only once.

As Zippi has already written, it happens for the first time when you install an update which is newer than version 2.47 (so far I can't confirm this because I don't have a test device here which has installed a version lower than 2.49).

Once it has occurred on a computer and the computer has been unlocked using a supervisor password, it no longer appears.

It seems as if the bit, which stores the status when opening the case, is set by the update as if the case had been opened.

Regards,
Stefan

Zippi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,123
Message 6 of 6

I just tested updating to 2.50 from any version lower than 2.48/9 and the issue still exists with 2.50.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors