Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brom
Paper Tape
Views: 553
Message 1 of 3

T440p BIOS update fails from within windows

Hello,

Today I tried to update my notebook from within Windows 10 to the new version 2.37. After the setup finished, it said It'll reboot now. And then the computer shut down, not rebooted. When I then powered it up again, Thinkpad screen stayed on longer than usual, then it rebooted back to Windows. However I noticed then that the BIOS has not been updated, because that only happens during reboot, not shut down. When I checked my version number I noticed that the previous update (to 2.36) has also not been installed, the BIOS was still on 2.34, so I suspect the same thing happend last time too. I could force the update to install by manually rebooting at the end of the setup (without closing the window) but I could imagine that the same thing happened to other people too and they think they have installed the newest version while it's still an old one.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 513
Message 2 of 3

Re: T440p BIOS update fails from within windows

After I read your post, I tried BIOS update on two T440p systems here.  I could not reproduce any problem.  The BIOS was successfully updated to 2.38 from within Windows 10.

Is your system on a dock, or are there any peripherals connected to it?  I wonder if this might be the cause of the problem you reported...

Brom
Paper Tape
Views: 508
Message 3 of 3

Re: T440p BIOS update fails from within windows

It was on a dock when I found out the problem exists but on previous update attempts it wasnt. I have a monitor, LAN and headset connected. I'm releaved that this doesnt occur on every device. Since I know of it now, I don't really need a solution for myself but I'm happy to help if you want to investigate further. Maybe it's important to mention that I didn't install the aniversary update from July yet ("Defer Updates" selected), just as an idea.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors