Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arashk
What's DOS?
Views: 3,436
Message 1 of 10

T440p Intel display driver problem under windows 10

Hi

I have a T440p Thinkpad, after i upgraded OS to windows 10 Main display driver Intel HD can not install

i tried latest drivers from Intel web site and Lenovo but this error shows "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software"

i use Intel HD 4600 driver and T440p has all requirements ,

Tasarion
Paper Tape
Views: 3,366
Message 2 of 10

Re: T440p Intel display driver problem under windows 10

Same issue here! And there is another topic from October on this:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Latest-Video-Driver-for-T440p-says-quot-...

I cannot install the driver ver. 20.19.15.4331 on Windows 10 64-bit because the minimum requirements are not met. 

It wouldn't even bother me that much but the currently installed driver version 10.18.15.4256 from July doesn't seem to support the Ultra Dock docking station. No matter which output I use, the two connected screens stay blank.

It must be the Intel driver because the screens can be used in the UEFI and with a standard VGA compatibility driver.

Having a workable update would be very welcome!

Tasarion
Paper Tape
Views: 3,356
Message 3 of 10

Just got off the phone with the Lenovo support. In that rather irritating call they told me to roll back to Windows 8.1 because my T440p was delivered with that OS and an upgrade to Windows 10 is not officially supported. Thus the latest Win 10 compatible Intel HD 4600 driver can cause this message.

I wonder why the Lenovo website states that the T440p is Win 10 compatible and even has pages like the one below explaining what to keep in mind when upgrading?

https://support.lenovo.com/de/de/documents/ht103535

According to Lenovo, my support case has been closed successfully now. Go figure...

Skoop
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,353
Message 4 of 10

Don't use the installer. 

Download the file from Lenovo.  Click it to begin the extraction.  Point it to a neutral location on your disk, like a Temp folder.  Let it extract, but when it comes to to the finish screen and it has the "Install" box checked, unclick that and close.

Open Control Panel, System.  Advanced settings.  System Protection.  Set a restore point.  (You should always set a restore point before you update a driver on a Lenovo device, no matter where the driver comes from.  Sometimes they don't get it right an you're hosed if you can't roll back.)

Open Device Manager.  Click open your Display Adapter.  Click to update driver.  Browse to where you saved the downloaded file.  Make sure "Subfolders" is selected and let Windows search the downloaded files for the driver.  It should update that way.

Tasarion
Paper Tape
Views: 3,349
Message 5 of 10

Thanks a lot but been there, done that. The manual installation says I already have the latest driver and there is no need to update. Obviously, this cannot be true as the installed driver is from July 7th 2015 and has a totally different version number.

Skoop
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,337
Message 6 of 10

Uninstall the device in DM, selecting "Driver", too.  Keep doing that until you get an inbox driver from Microsoft.  Then try the upgrade from the extracted driver. 

Tasarion
Paper Tape
Views: 3,330
Message 7 of 10

That really did the trick! Sort of...

I had tried that a couple of days ago but used the official Lenovo driver. Result: this time the basic Microsoft display driver was the best choice and no update was necessary.

This time I downloaded the latest Intel HD 4600 driver and used that one instead. Success! My Ultra Dock works again and I can work with 3 displays.

So thank you for helping and making me try again! Smiley Happy

Lenovo: if you are reading this... it's your custom made Intel HD 4600 driver that is faulty on some machines. The solution would be to address that instead of telling customers to solve this problem by going back to Windows 8.1.

Skoop
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,324
Message 8 of 10

Almost every day someone posts here about an encounter with phone support in which some really awful advice is given. 

Glad you got it working. 

Fred_at_Safran
What's DOS?
Views: 3,204
Message 9 of 10

I have the same problem.

My computer is a Lenove T440p ,8GB Ram with Windows 10 (updatd from windows 8.1).

My HD 4600 driver is 10.18.15.4256

Occasionally my whole computer freezes (especially when I use Skype with video). I think this is related to the Video driver and I would therefore like to update to the latest version.

However when I try I get the message T"his computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software." Which miminum requirements???

Lenovo? Can you please fix this!

Luca81
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 106
Message 10 of 10

it worked on my X1 as well. Thanks!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors