Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
h8zgray
Paper Tape
Views: 1,780
Message 1 of 2

T440p WWAN connection GOBI 5000

Good morning all. I recently installed a GOBI 5000 WWAN card for AT&T into my new Thinkpad T440p. I downloaded the driver package from the appropriate Windows 8.1 matrix and the computer crashed (blue screen DRIVER_POWER_SAVE) and then restarted. The driver appears to have been installed, as the device manager shows the following entry under networking adapters:

Sierra Wireless EM7355 Qualcomm GOBI 4G/LTE/HSPA+/EVDO

Also, under the networking portion of the Metro style settings page, the AT&T Broadband modem shows up, and with information regarding the IMEI, IMSI, which I forwarded to AT&T, so as far as they are concered my preexisting Data plan is current with the modem's IMEI number.. Still no luck with connecting.

There was mention of Lenovo Broadband Mobile Activation Utility which I found elsewhere on Lenovo's but upon lauching the installer, it says that the current card is not supported.

Overall, not sure what to do to get this thing connected to Mobile Broadband, also not sure if incomplete driver installation could be the culprit. I am going to call Lenovo support to see what they can do, will update here.

h8zgray
Paper Tape
Views: 1,769
Message 2 of 2

Re: T440p WWAN connection GOBI 5000

Just got off with Lenovo Tech Support.

They mentioned that theThinkPad GOBI 5000 Mobile Broadband - AT&T GOBI 5000 WWAN card, Part number: 0C52886 using Sierra Wireless EM7355 - GOBI 5000 software (ghwp14ww.exe), version 3.4.1308.3909 as of 13 DEC 2013 may not be compatible with Windows 8.1 which is what I am running currently. I will check on when the updated driver package appears with compatibility for Windows 8.1 and post here, they mentioned that it should be pushed via Lenovo System Update, so I guess I will stay tuned.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors