Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Janin
Blue Screen Again
Views: 561
Message 1 of 10

T440p Webcamera not detected

Hi I have a Lenovo T440p computer and my webcamera software seems to be installed and work, but it is not detected by my computer. The computer system is Windows 10 and I have never used the camera before. I installed the software, but it did not seem to be detected as it did not appear in the device manager controls. Am I missing something?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 551
Message 2 of 10

Re: T440p Webcamera not detected

Hello and welcome,

In the PSREF document fo the T440p the camera is listed as optional.  It would be unusual to not have one but have you verified that you do?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Janin
Blue Screen Again
Views: 545
Message 3 of 10

I do seem to have one (i can see it on the computer), but it is not listed under in the device manager. could I just be fooling myself into thinking I do have one?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 543
Message 4 of 10

What's the MT-M of your laptop - like 20AN006AUS for example?  That should allow pulling up the specs.

All the North American T440p models in the PSREF listing have cameras so it's almost certain yours does too.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Janin
Blue Screen Again
Views: 537
Message 5 of 10

20AN-CT01WW
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 532
Message 6 of 10

The CTO machines (configure to order) vary depending on what you ordered.

You can go to SUPPORT above and enter you serial number in the "search products" box.  It should bring up your laptop's configuration.

Do not post your serial number here!

Z.

Janin
Blue Screen Again
Views: 526
Message 7 of 10

I updated my system and went in to install the correct driver and I am still getting an error code of 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5). Could this be a windows 10 issue?
Janin
Blue Screen Again
Views: 489
Message 8 of 10

I went into properties for the the camera driver I downloaded and it did not list windows 10 as compatible with the camera. Is this a compatibility issue?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 483
Message 9 of 10

The only T440p camera driver I see supports Win 10:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/ThinkPad-T-Series-laptops/ThinkPad-T44...

Perhaps there's an enable/disable setting in BIOS? In security -> I/O port access maybe?

Other that that I don't know what else to tell you.  Hopefully someone else here will have a suggestion.

Z.

Janin
Blue Screen Again
Views: 476
Message 10 of 10

Nope, I am thinking it is dead. I suppose I will have to go buy one.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors