Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MarkoKuzmanovic
Paper Tape
Views: 759
Message 1 of 4

T440p keyboard backlight issue

I have a T440p which came with a non backlit keyboard, which I wanted to replace it with a backlit one. After installing the new keyboard the backlight wouldn't come on (i'm using Fn + spacebar, the keyboard has the light icon on the spacebar and the OS shows an icon for the backlight).

I tried swapping it out with a friend's keyboard (from a t450s which was replaced due to a damaged key) but without any luck.

Could this be an issue with the motherboard or controller? What are my options?

Thanks!

I appologise if I have overlooked a topic describing this issue, but all of the topics related to the keyboard backlight were related to the fact that the keyboard wasn't backlit while the user was expecting it to be.

MEA707
Punch Card
Views: 713
Message 2 of 4

Re: T440p keyboard backlight issue

What OS do you have?

If you have Windows 10, as a test, have you tried opening the Lenovo Settings app and seeing if you can turn on the backlight from the app?
MarkoKuzmanovic
Paper Tape
Views: 702
Message 3 of 4

I'm dual booting linux and WIN10, and it doesn't work in both. Turning it on in Lenovo settings doesn't either.

I have found this page https://support.lenovo.com/fr/en/solutions/ht104656 which states that it's a hardware feature and should be driver independent. I tried turning it on while in BIOS as well.

mixz1
Broadband 3G
Views: 670
Message 4 of 4

I would go back and check both connectors, particularly the smaller one to be sure you inserted the ribbon cable all the way in before you clamped it down. Good luck. BTW, the backlight is OS independent and you should be able to toggle it on as soon as the machine has power and is booting.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors