Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chadib
Paper Tape
Views: 1,765
Message 1 of 9

T440p shuts down after closing the lid

hi,

I have a lenovo T440p laptop that i have been using for 6 months now. newly the laptop often and unexpectedly turns off rather then going into sleep mode after i close the lid.Also, sometimes, after i close the lid the display turns off and the laptop becomes irresponsive but do not enter sleep mode. the only way is to force reboot the laptop. i have installed all the required updates proposed by the thinkvantage utility but the problem is persisting.

what could be the reason for this behaviour and how could it be solved?

dave67
Punch Card
Views: 1,751
Message 2 of 9

Re: T440p shuts down after closing the lid

what is the setting under power management setting for when the lid is closed?
chadib
Paper Tape
Views: 1,738
Message 3 of 9

it is set to sleep mode

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,731
Message 4 of 9

When you restart after the lid was closed, are there related messages in the event log?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
chadib
Paper Tape
Views: 1,730
Message 5 of 9

the usual : windows has shut down unexpectedly. resume window normally or star safe mode ...

dave67
Punch Card
Views: 1,725
Message 6 of 9

I asume you are using windows 8 . How much ram does the system have? Try this set all the battery settings to sleep mode see if that changes the issue you are having. If that does fix the shut down than us may not have enough ram to use hibernate mode. check your power management driver version you have installed. here the link

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-t44... read the readme file before install to check your current version. On the list above use the update that matches your windows install. to find your windows version here is how

http://www.nau.edu/its/learn/os/check-version/Win-8/

chadib
Paper Tape
Views: 1,723
Message 7 of 9

i have window's 7 and 16Gb RAM. i have checked the power manager edition and it is up to date. 

dave67
Punch Card
Views: 1,714
Message 8 of 9

From doing research on the web and this forum you are not alone in this issue. The problem maybe with battery connection. Sometimes, battery rejects and boot is blocked. while there is not real fix for this issue there are some thing you can try.

1. If the model t440p model you have has a finger print reader disable or un-install or update the software this was in post below
Post one

2. Make sure you have selected a power management plan. other posts I read on the web said the BIOS update did not fix this issue.

3. Try this, if the finger print software suggestion did not work. Put the system in sleep mode with the battery out and plugged in. this way if it is the battery connection causing this than if the battery is out it should just reload from sleep mode.
zulzain
What's DOS?
Views: 397
Message 9 of 9

Hi, do you still have this problem? if no, what is the solution?

Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors