Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lutherm
Not applicable
Views: 2,190
Message 1 of 10

T440s BSOD with current network drivers

I have been having a problem with my T440s crashing periodically, often with a "Blue Screen of Death"/BSOD. I've tried the latest drivers from the Lenovo site for the AC 7260 wireless networking but that hasn't fixed the problem. I'm on Windows 8.1 64-bit. I've tried the latest drivers which are 

5/3/2016

I've recently installed Windows updates and other drivers such as the video driver are also up to date, but the BSOD message indicates the issues is in the wireless drivers.

here are some recent details:

On Fri 5/27/2016 9:53:38 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\052716-42375-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: netwbw02.sys (0xFFFFF80143D18034)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x98, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80143D18034)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\netwbw02.sys
product: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Adapter
company: Intel Corporation
description: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: netwbw02.sys (Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Driver, Intel Corporation).
Google query: Intel Corporation DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Tue 5/3/2016 2:31:23 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050316-50531-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: netwbw02.sys (0xFFFFF800B7DA2948)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFE0008B95400C, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800B7DA2948, 0x0)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\netwbw02.sys
product: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Adapter
company: Intel Corporation
description: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: netwbw02.sys (Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Driver, Intel Corporation).
Google query: Intel Corporation PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

i7_intel36U
Not applicable
Views: 2,181
Message 2 of 10

Re: T440s BSOD with current network drivers

HI.

@lutherm Smiley Happy

Both of your crash dumps Have different timeslot.
I would suspect that your first crash was in Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Driver (your wireless ethernet driver)
and the second crash was a corruption of the filesystem because of the first crash.

to fix: you will want to update your Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Driver (netwbw02.sys)
(that is a first start, depending on what caused the crash. It is often caused by bugs driver when the system tells the driver to sleep)

ignore the NTFS crash for now. The system will repair the filesystem

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/es/product/75439/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7260

http://www.intel.la/content/www/xl/es/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/intel-wi-fi-produc...

If none of this does not work I'll have to reinstall the system.

Regards.

Por favor ,marque la respuesta y así aportar a la Comunidad,al aceptar como solución
Estarás contribuyendo con otros usuarios que tengan la misma duda.
lutherm
Not applicable
Views: 2,163
Message 3 of 10

I have installed and re-installed the drivers from the Lenovo site and the Intel site a couple times. They are both result in the same version of the Driver in Device manager. I've rolled back to an older driver for now. any other suggestions?
i7_intel36U
Not applicable
Views: 2,150
Message 4 of 10

Perform a clean installation, from 0 to happen again hardware have failure, motherboard.
Por favor ,marque la respuesta y así aportar a la Comunidad,al aceptar como solución
lutherm
Not applicable
Views: 2,139
Message 5 of 10

Can you tell me what you mean by a clean installation? Do you mean to reinstall Windows or somehow reinstall the drivers in another manner than running the exe?

i7_intel36U
Not applicable
Views: 2,130
Message 6 of 10

One installation, clean is completely reinstalling everything, operating system and drivers, not being able to use the system recovery.

Regards.

lutherm
Not applicable
Views: 2,115
Message 7 of 10

Thanks, but that is not a practical solution.

i7_intel36U
Not applicable
Views: 2,111
Message 8 of 10

I understand that it is not practical because all stored information, you would have to get another hard drive, but the blue screen are hardware issues so the only solution as knowledge I have are those though not like, want to continue the problem do what you see fit another user or tell you the correct answer.

Regards.
lutherm
Not applicable
Views: 2,108
Message 9 of 10

In my experience blue screens are also often software driver issues, not necessarily hardware issues. In fact, that is usually the case in my experience.

Let me provide additional information - although I won't eliminate the idea of a hardware issue -- this particular problem started after installing Lenovo updates and Windows updates a couple of months ago and I did not experience any problems before that (with a year or two on this laptop).

i7_intel36U
Not applicable
Views: 2,103
Message 10 of 10

If I agree with you but ultimately a controller is communicating with the hardware environment, so if you have conflicting multiple drivers ultimately have a problem hadware, anyway gladly help, the moderator will be in contact with you.

Regards.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors