Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Svendko
Paper Tape
Views: 1,975
Message 1 of 1

T440s DisplayPort to HDMI: Not detected

Hi people - and hopefully Lenovo staff :-)

I have a new T440s and having problems connecting my Samsung monitor to it.

First, the hardware:
- Lenovo ThinkPad T440s, i7-4600U 2.1 GHz, 12 GB RAM, SSD, running Windows 10 Pro 64bit
- Samsung SyncMaster S24B350T (VGA/HDMI)
- mDisplayPort -> HDMI adapter

The problem:
When I connect the monitor to the computer to the mDisplayPort via the mDisplayPort/HDMI-adapter and HDMI-cable, nothing happens. Windows native Display Settings dialog's Detect link says "Didn't detect another display".

The monitor works fine via VGA-cable. The monitor works fine with my tv set top box via HDMI. The computer works fine with my tv with the mDisplayPort/HDMI-adapter and HDMI-cable. The computer works fine with my work monitors via "pure" mDisplayPort->DisplayPort cable. So - everything works, except said connection to the monitor.

I have tried:
- Latest Intel HD Graphics driver from Lenovo (version 20.19.15.4416, dated 19/12-2015)
- Latest BIOS upgrade (GJET87WW v. 2.37, dated 12/1-2016)
- Latest Intel HD Graphics 4400 driver directly from Intel, but I was not allowed to install it. I have to use Lenovo's driver.

- Getting the Samsung driver for the monitor from Samsung website, though the "latest" version is also v. 1.0 from 2012...

This guy has the same problem, I think: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-8-and-8-1/T440s-and-Dell-S2715H/m-p/2210471

Is there a difference in a pc monitor via HDMI and a tv via HDMI? Tv is a Sony Bravia about 3-4 years old, sorry don't have the model number hereHi people - and hopefully Lenovo staff :-)

I hope anyone can help me.

Best regards, 

SvendK

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors