Options

1 Posts

10-28-2019

PL

5 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 1 of 2

[T440s] Internal battery "plugged in, charging", but not charging.

2019-10-29, 8:49 AM

Hi Guys,

I've seen many problems with battery "plugged in, not charging", but failed to find anyone with the same issue as mine.

In my case internal battery is "plugged in, charging" but it is not. When I open the Power Manager I see that battery is in good condition, AC attached and everything is OK beside "current" which is on zero, so there is no electricity flowing. External battery can be charged, but is waiting for the internal one to be charged first so in the end it also doesn't work properly.

For now I have disconnected external battery to work on the problem. Things I have tried:
-Power gauge reset.

-BIOS update.

-Reset button on the bottom.

-Changing BIOS settings.

-Updating driver. Then uninstalling it and installing again.
-Reinstalling Power Manager.
-Checking plug connection of the battery.

I have no idea what can be the problem and unfortunately no way to check if other battery would have the same problem to exclude hardware issues. Has anyone came across similar issue or have any idea on how to solve it? Any hint would be greatly appreciated.

Jules

Options

1815 Posts

08-02-2018

US

696 Signins

10116 Page Views

• Views: 10116
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: [T440s] Internal battery "plugged in, charging", but not charging.

2019-10-29, 16:31 PM

Hi Jules_D! Welcome to our forums community. We can see that you already performed the necessary troubleshooting steps. We highly suggest you to reach out to any of our listed authorized service centers for further assistance. You can find the list here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht118678?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6. Filter the country and choose the nearest service center according to your location.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save