Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
koshasha
Paper Tape
Views: 410
Message 1 of 3

T440s - Showing Secure Boot off in BIOS

I have a T440s (20ARS10H00) with a Secure Boot issue where it shows as off. Looking at the pictures below, the main BIOS page shows UEFI Secure Boot - Off. Skipping forward to the Security tab, Secure Boot is ENABLED. Then, moving to the Startup tab, it's set to EUFI only. 

The final pic is a screenshot of msinfo32 showing the latest BIOS fimrware (2.48) is installed, but it also shows Secure Boot State as Off. 

Any ideas on why and how I can troubleshoot this?

Thank you

<image removed>

2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Moderator note: image containing serial number removed to prevent abuse.  Please repost with SN obscured.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 380
Message 2 of 3

Re: T440s - Showing Secure Boot off in BIOS

Hello and welcome,

This is a new one for me.  Never seen such a thing...

While digging into a BIOS readme for another member I came across this:

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/gjuj34us.txt

(Caution)
  If both the Secure Boot option is Enabled and UEFI Secure Boot in the Main
  menu of ThinkPad Setup is shown as Off, restoring Factory Keys is needed. Do
  the following to restore Factory Keys...

(see the README for the rest) I have no idea if this is a benign or risky procedure.

FWIW,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

koshasha
Paper Tape
Views: 350
Message 3 of 3

Re: T440s - Showing Secure Boot off in BIOS

@zoltanthegypsy

That did the trick. Restoring the Factory Keys resolved the issue. It did not cause any issues with any other BIOS settings or the OS. Thank you.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors