Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
djbulgi
Paper Tape
Views: 2,432
Message 1 of 3

T440s+Ultra Dock Dual Display issues

I've been having some issues with dual display with a T440s and a 40A2009US Ultra Dock. OS is Windows 7 64 Enterprise.

I two identical Dell LCDs connected to the dock. One via VGA and the other DVI. 

Both displays are being mirrored and I can't seem to change it. There is only one monitor listed in Device manager.

Both external monitors will only display an image if the PC is started closed from the docking station power button. Removing the laptop and replacing it on the docking station does not wake the monitors and there is no image until the laptop is manually shutdown and restarted.

I have updated graphics drivers, as well as any driver related to the dock (USB3.0 etc). I have tried a displayport to DVI connector as well, no go.

After some research I discovered the firmare may need to be updated. The synaptics package from the lenovo support downloads site gave me the message that my firmware was already up to date. The other fwdphb06.exe that is recommended elsewhere would not update. When I double-click the package there is no install prompt or process being run. There is an external monitor connected to the dock.

I have swapped the dock for another, as well as the power supplies for each.

I'm stumped. Any idea what my issue may be?

djbulgi
Paper Tape
Views: 2,370
Message 2 of 3

Re: T440s+Ultra Dock Dual Display issues

Realized the solution was with our company's image of windows. Used an older version and the problem was solved. Not sure what changed internally, but all is well!

nvidia19
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,414
Message 3 of 3

Re: T440s+Ultra Dock Dual Display issues

You resolved this by using an older image? Did symptoms resurface after reimaging the pc then running updates on windows?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors