Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NOTORIOUSVR
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 10,119
Message 1 of 34

T440s WWAN no longer working on Windows 10 Pro

2 days ago I upgraded to Win 10 Pro, yesterday I went to use my mobile broadband connection (4G) and noticed I wasn't able to "see" the cellular connection or activate it anywhere.

Checking in the device manager I see the hardware (Sierra Wireless, etc), although strangely the driver is from Microsoft (Generic Broadband Device).  

Nothing I do seems to be able to make it work, I've uninstalled the drivers, rebooted, downloaded the current Lenovo driver package (which supposedly has Windows 10 drivers), it installs fine but still no mobile broadband is available to me.

I use this feature a lot, and would really like a solution to this... 

Thanks

Attached is a screen shot of the current driver situation:

cellular (Large).jpg

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 10,041
Message 2 of 34

Re: T440s WWAN no longer working on Windows 10 Pro

We are checking on this.

Did you upgrade from Win7, or Win8.1?

NOTORIOUSVR
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 10,034
Message 3 of 34

Upgraded from Win 8.1 x64 where BTW the WWAN was working great.
rgagin
Paper Tape
Views: 9,962
Message 4 of 34

Hi, I have the same issue on 2nd gen X1 (3460-2SG) that after Win 10 upgrade (from Win & Pro 64) lost Mobile Network but has WiFi OK?

Looked for updated drivers but found none...

Looked in "Mobile accsses" tool in previous profiles i had, and it states  "device is not found" in front of the H5321 gw Mobile broadband driver.

I believe I'm talking about WWAn with Sim card.

Where do I find the card type and driver ver.?

rgagin
Paper Tape
Views: 9,947
Message 5 of 34

Found adapter type:  FRU Ericsson H5321w WWAN Module

Driver ver. 8.2.5.0

NOTORIOUSVR
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 9,890
Message 6 of 34

Has there been any updates to this issue?  

It seems like this is quite simply could just be a driver issue... Even though the lenovo driver package says it has Windows 10 drivers, it doesn't seems like it has the correct drivers.  It's clear that if I force install the drivers for the Gobi windows doesnt' like them and reverts back to "Generic Broadband" drivers.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 9,880
Message 7 of 34

@rgagin

The below may apply to your situation:

• H5321gw Mobile Broadband Device
  • C5621gw Mobile Broadband Device

Affected Systems;

• ThinkPad L430
  • ThinkPad L530
  • ThinkPad S230u
  • ThinkPad S430
  • ThinkPad T430, T430i, T430s, T430si
  • ThinkPad T530, T530i
  • ThinkPad W530
  • ThinkPad X1 Carbon (Type 34xx)
  • ThinkPad X230, X230i
  • ThinkPad Edge S430

If the card's firmware hasn't been updated before upgrading to Windows 10 the card will produce a yellow bang in device manager and not function.  The current firmware doesn't allow itself to be installed running Windows 10 resulting in the system having to be rolled back to the previous OS, the firmware installed and then upgraded again to Windows 10.

Link to Firmware;

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x23...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

NOTORIOUSVR
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 9,869
Message 8 of 34

That's a much, much older card then I have... so that will not work for me.

Thanks anyway.

The problem here seems to be purely driver related... Even though Lenovo lists driver packs for Win 7, 8, 8.1 and 10... 

What I just noticed was that the driver version is actually the same.  Almost as if they just repackaged the same old driver.  

drivers.jpg

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 9,857
Message 9 of 34

NOTORIOUSVR

Can you please post a screenshot of Device Manager showing the "Driver" tab of the Sierra Wireless device?

One of my colleagues updated his T440s with Sierra WWAN and ended up with driver version 14.9.10221.0.  He did not manually install it, that's just what he ended up with after the Win10 upgrade.  And WWAN is working OK on Win10.

So we think this must be some driver problem, now we are checking to see where that 14.9.10221.0 driver came from, and why you apparently didn't end up with the same version after your Win10 upgrade.  And why this version doesn't seem to correspond to the version on the website.  Anyway, we are still investigating this.

Highlighted
NOTORIOUSVR
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 9,854
Message 10 of 34

It certainly seems to be a driver thing... here is the screenshot, as you will see the driver is from Microsoft, and although in the device manager it says it's a Sierra Wireless EM7355, the driver is not and is a Generic MS driver:

driver_tab.jpg

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors