Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joejoh
Paper Tape
Views: 293
Message 1 of 2

T440s Win 10 Internal Battery

I have issue after upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10. The internal battery isn't detected and chargeable.

Right clicking the battery icon on the notification area, I could see the following messages:

Battery 1: This battery is not available for use

Battery 2: 100%

I installed ThinkPad setting dependency 3.0 and Lenovo Power Management Driver 1.67. They don't seem working.

I launched Lenovo Power Manager, but no longer able to see status of both internal and external batteries.

I was able to use the internal Battery 1 when I unplug the external Battery 2. But after I depleted the battery 1, nothing seems to be useful in charging it and be usable again.

Appreciate if there's any guidance here. Thank you.

Picazsoo
What's DOS?
Views: 210
Message 2 of 2

Re: T440s Win 10 Internal Battery

Hi, I seem to have the same problem. Did you manage to solve this? I also have T440s with Win 10 Pro installed. I cannot detect internal battery but I just tested that even without the removable battery the laptop still boots just fine. I won't try how long I can run it in this strange frankenstein mode, where the windows reports that the battery is not really installed, but I'll definitely do more digging around and if I find more, I'll let you know.

Top Kudoed Authors