12-21-2014 03:25 AM
I have a rather annoying problem with my T440s (Win7): Some programs, such as ThinkVantage System Update and MATLAB installer won't connect to the internet. (Some other installers had that problem too, but those aren't as well known.) They both prompt error messages saying I should review my proxy settings. I do not use a proxy, though, and neither have I set any other program to use a proxy. Internet connection works properly with other programs (Firefox, Thunderbird, IE).
Solutions Ive tried (and didn't help):
- start MATLAB installer "as administrator"
- re-install ThinkVantage System Update
- switching off Windows Firewall
- adding the respective programs to Windows Firewall's list of allowed programs
- using different networks (home, work, uni, uni via VPN)
Any idea what could cause my problem or how to solve it would be much appreciated!