Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kgorczewski
Paper Tape
Views: 3,599
Message 1 of 4

T440s and System Restore "Recovery Failed"

I bought recently T440s with 16GB cache drive and 500GB disk. I had been able to install new SSD (Samsung 840 EVO 500GB) but I cannot restore Lenovo system from Disks. 
I had to copy disks to USB drive because T440s don't have optical drive. Laptop is booting from USB but once I'm accepting aggreement (EULA) I have information "Recovery Failed".
I have exactly same problem like here: 
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T5...g/td-p/1250937

I disconnect M.2 16GB mSATA drive but still same error: Recovery failed. Do I have to use external DVD drive ?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,591
Message 2 of 4

Re: T440s and System Restore "Recovery Failed"

Hi,

Are you talking about Lenovo factory recovery media?

I've tried copying Lenovo recovery media to USB flash drive to do a recovery - using every trick I could think of - and always failed Smiley Sad  It may be possible, but I'm not the only one who has tried without success. I don't think the recovery software will run correctly when booted that way.

An external DVD drive may be your only hope.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

kgorczewski
Paper Tape
Views: 3,589
Message 3 of 4

Thank you. Tomorrow I will try external DVD drive and will let know.

kgorczewski
Paper Tape
Views: 3,528
Message 4 of 4

I was able to restore system from external DVD drive. I

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors