Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tmhardie
Paper Tape
Views: 7,618
Message 1 of 30

T440s dock monitor problems - Already updated firmware to 2.17

I have the dock labelled FRU P/N 04W3947 (Marketing PN 40A20135XX)

I have a 4K display port screen. It works fine at 4k when connected directly to the laptop's DP. When connected to either dock DP, it is detected by the laptop and the correct resolution is seen, but no image displays on the screen.

As mentioned in the subject, I have already applied the firmware update from Feb 10 (2.17) and ran it again to be sure it shows the updated firmware version.

Help! The whole reason I bought the new T440s and dock was to use the 4k display. There are several other people in the office where I work waiting on the outcome of fixing this before upgrading to the T440 and new dock.

Lance_10810
Paper Tape
Views: 7,548
Message 2 of 30

Re: T440s dock monitor problems - Already updated firmware to 2.17

Auhhh, I'm not alone.  This is driving me nuts!

I have the ThinkPad Ultra Dock - 90W (PN 40A20090AU)

Am currently having to run my external monitor via the mini disply port on my laptop, as the doc port produces the same results as above.  Oddly sometimes it will work, but only until I turn off the screen, unplug, or the monitors computer turns the displays off after inactivity.  After that it can be days before it magically stats working again... for a short time.

Aditional symptons though not described by tmhardie,  My external monitor is a dell U2711, with touch controls on the bezel.  When it's plugged into the docking station the monitor controls freeze too... as in I can't change inputs, brightness etc.  It's like the displayport on the docking station is putting out some wierd signal that's spazzing out my monitor.  Never had this before from other computers.

Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Lance

Lance_10810
Paper Tape
Views: 7,507
Message 3 of 30

tmhardie,

I found a workaround today.  If I unplug my monitor power, then plug it back in, I can get my external monitor to work again.  Very odd.

I would be interested to know if this works for you too.

tmhardie
Paper Tape
Views: 7,503
Message 4 of 30

Just tried it, and still no go. Glad you found a solution - Still no go for me Smiley Sad
Xero
Punch Card
Views: 7,486
Message 5 of 30

I can confirm occasional problems with the Dell U2711 connected via DP to a T440s with the Ultra Dock.

Sometimes blackout issue described above occurs.
Also, the Intel graphics driver is often reset by Windows when I turn the monitor on after having it off with the computer running.
Additionally the mointor is not able to enter standby - when its supposed to go to standby, the screen turns black but the backlight is still on.
Former Administrator
Views: 7,461
Message 6 of 30

tmhardie,

Could you explain a bit more about your "4K" display port screen?

Lance and Xero seem to have issues with the Dell U2711 display.  Is that the display you are running as well?  If not, what model is your display?

Thanks

Former Administrator
Views: 7,419
Message 7 of 30

Would you also see if there is a firmware update available for the Dell U2711?   I'm told these are not 4K monitors and  based on this discussion we are doing additional testing but have not reproduced the symptoms yet.

Some additional feedback to help isolate this may be helpful.

So, Tmhardie,

Which model display do you have?

Thanks

Mark

ccahoon
Paper Tape
Views: 7,401
Message 8 of 30

I am also experiencing issues with the monitor blanking out after applying the 2.17 update.  I have a T440s w/ pro-dock running with dual Samsung 2333SW monitors.  After applying the dock firmware update, the problem went from happening 1x every hour to only happening 2x during an 8 hour day.

tmhardie
Paper Tape
Views: 7,393
Message 9 of 30

I have a Seiki SE39UY04. It works fine connected to the mini displayport directly on the laptop, but when connected to the dock's display port (with the same cable with a displayport to mini displayport adapter) it doesn't ever display a signal, even though the laptop recognizes the screen and the correct 4k resolution.

I have also applied the latest firmware update to the 4k display just in case.

Former Administrator
Views: 7,317
Message 10 of 30

All,

We have new Video drivers being released - the Windows 7 32 and 64 bit versions, and the Win 8.1 are up on the web now, and the Win 8 should be up soon.

Could you try the new drivers see if there is any difference.

Here is the 8.1 link http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS039513

Thanks

Mark

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors