Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bluetoooth
What's DOS?
Views: 13,352
Message 71 of 122

Re: T440s is killing Samsung 840 pro SSD's

Finally my X240 and Samsung 840 pro are working fine. With the 06 firwmare no freezes, reboots or blue screens. Halelujah that it takes only 5 months to get this fixed.... Smiley Happy)) Maybe i will read forums next time before buying of best portable nb and then best SSD.

Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 13,364
Message 72 of 122

This issue is solved by firmware update from Samsung, which can be downloaded and installed by running the Samsung Magician Software.

http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/samsungssd/downloads.html

Please contact Samsung with any questions about how to update drive firmware.

pix
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 13,295
Message 73 of 122

Is it time to change the name of this thread?

Thanks @someotherguy for helping to (finally) get this resolved.

Arcy
Paper Tape
Views: 13,206
Message 74 of 122

Betreff: T440s is killing Samsung 840 pro SSD's

I had a freezing ThinkPad T520. Im using a SSD on a eSata Port . The Maschine startend freezing Ehen i pflügend in the external Drive. When i pluged it off the machine worked again. The final Solution was to use the Old SATA Controller . I think it. was the lenovo update Software which installed an intel Controller .
stki
What's DOS?
Views: 12,850
Message 75 of 122

Hi Xetred82,

I have the exact same problem (TPY, Samsung 840 Pro), everything went fine, then black screen with blue box and boot menu, no booting windows 8.1.

Did you solve your problem? And if yes, what was the solution?

Thanks very much in advance!!!

Arcy
Paper Tape
Views: 12,845
Message 76 of 122

When i removed the SSD from the eSATA port, Windows 7 worked again. Then i removed the updated controler driver by clicking "previous driver" (Translation from "Vorheriger Treiber" within the Microsoft Management Console, Section SATA Controler.
frenchd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 12,786
Message 77 of 122

Hi all
I too have been struggling with the samsung 840 series SSD in our T440 machines (type 20B7) - corrupted drives and data loss, typically after a power saving event such as suspend/resume.
I haven't been able to get any firmware updates to work yet because magician tells me it is unable to detect any SSD drive in the system. Anyone had this problem? Also I noticed in device manager my hard disk is bizarrely listed as a SCSI device so I wonder If is is why it's not detected. Any tips re magician and my firmware issue? I'm using win7 pro x64. Thanks
Negorodik
What's DOS?
Views: 12,743
Message 78 of 122

> I haven't been able to get any firmware updates to work yet because magician tells me it is unable to detect any SSD drive in the system. Anyone had this problem? 

Yes, I had. The SSD was not able in Acronis Disk Director and HDD Raw Copy Tool.

I formatted it through HDD Raw Copy Tool for Lynux (100% works) or through DOS version of Acronis Disk Director (1 ssd of 2 was not able)

Negorodik
What's DOS?
Views: 12,730
Message 79 of 122

> If you need a formally tested and qualified solution, then my advice is to buy a SSD from Lenovo. Lenovo has tested and qualified (and sells) Samsung PM 841, but not 840 PRO.
---
Warning! I had the same problem with Samsung PM 841 (Samsung MZ7TD512HAGM)!
frenchd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 12,691
Message 80 of 122

Hi Negorodik

I am buying a Lenovo tested and complete solution.  The Samsung SSD that I have comes with the machine and is a factory part. I've not fitted this myself.

The SSD drive that ships is:

Lenovo PN: 0C41122

PSID: SNMELZYHJ8F3RH5DA6SPEF24T1R4PESB

P/N: MZ7TD256HAFV-000L9

Model: MZ-7TD2560/0L9

I cannot for the life of me perform a firmware upgrade.  This drive has firmware DXT02L5Q

I have tried updating via magician and also via the drive firmware package on the Lenovo downloads section.

Neither are able to update the firmware.

On an aside. I called Lenovo tech support again yesterday and now they are telling me there is finally a "known issue" with these drives and data corruption.. The solution was to complete a BIOS update and the engineer told me the drive firmware has nothing to do with fixing this problem! I don't know whether or not to believe him. 

Top Kudoed Authors