Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Punch Card
0 Kudos

Re: T440s, major WiFi and Bluetooth instability

[ Edited ]

skander wrote:

Oh, and in this thread an apparent Intel representative says they have a driver fix on the way:

https://communities.intel.com/thread/47384

Great news, thanks a lot for info! Smiley Wink

Will look for intel driver update every week or so.

ThinkPad T440p
Highlighted
What's DOS?
0 Kudos

Another MAJOR problem with many recent models of Lenovo laptops is the Lenovo EMC Storage Coordinator program (I think that is it's name -- I removed it some time ago).  It periodically runs discovery.exe which results in a Denial of Service condition that locks the entire network the laptop is using -- both WLAN and LAN.

In a thread for the Yoga ThinkPad, Lenovo staff acknowledged the problem and recommended that the program be uninstalled immediately. 

This serious problem deserves a broadcast alert to all owners of affected models by Lenovo, but so far only acknowledgement in one thread that I've seen.

The symptom is no Internet access for about 5 minutes or more for all computers on the network!.  Task Manager shows a high volume of outbound network traffic from discovery.exe to a large group of 169.254.xxx.xxx addresses (shown in Resource Monitor).

Punch Card
0 Kudos

I ended up getting rid of the Lenovo EMC Storage Connector for the same issue. I uninstalled it.
Punch Card
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

The Intel latest Intel driver (17.0.xxx) seems to have fixed the .N connection problems for me. (T440s with 7260-N wireless)

Paper Tape
0 Kudos

I installed the latest and greatest version v17 for the Intel AC 7260-n driver (we had v16) and the T440 wifi connection appears to be more stable.  We'll be implementing this update to or Lenovo Thinkpa T440 images.  Thanks. Turning off bluetooth is not an option for us.  Thanks.  

Paper Tape
0 Kudos

Wanted to ask if people had problems using wifi and bluetooth simultaneously on the lenovo 2x2 bgn card. Wifi seems to work just fine and connections do not drop when bluetooth radio is turned off. However, wifi connection lapses into 'limited connectivity' periodicially when bluetooth is on and paired with a speaker. I have to reset the wifi adapater or the connection to get back online.

I'm running windows 8.1 and have updated to the latest device drivers. Anyone have an insight as to what is happening here?

Paper Tape
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi

I have the T440s 20AQ0069MD model

This is a a DKK 17.000 (about € 2300) machine here in Denmark, and the Wifi does not work. It just doesn't.

Upload/download speeds are horrible when the connection is present at all. Tried several different routers.

All drivers/bios are 100% up to date, including the v17 diver for the ac7260 card from Intel

This has to be fixed, or Lenovo will have this machine sent back very soon.

Also: I have two Ultimate Docks, and they are broken as well. Both. Sound doesnt work, can't reboot when docked, can't dock/redock when computer is on.

All in all a huge stepback from my T430s, where everything worked, dock included.

Punch Card
0 Kudos

* Try put this config onto Wireless Advanced Config:

Ad Hoc Channel    11
Ad Hoc QoS Mode    WMM Disabled
ARP offload for WOWLAN    Disabled
Fat Channel Intolerant    Disabled
GTK rekeying for WOWLAN    Disabled
HT Mode    VHT Mode
Mixed Mode    CTS-to-self
NS offload for WOWLAN    Disabled
Preferred Band    2.4GHz
Roaming Aggressiveness    Lowest
Sleep on WOWLAN Disconnect    Enabled
Tranmit Power    Highest
U-APSD support    Enabled
Wake on magic Packet    Enabled
Wake on Pattern Match    Enabled
Wireless Mode    802.11g

* as you see, there I disabled n/ac standard at all. Disable it on router as well.

off course, that way i am not using the best out of Lenovo, but at least my wifi is now working all times.

ThinkPad T440p
Paper Tape
0 Kudos

Thank you, but I am not interested in disabling all the fast standards.

I want my brand new, rather expensive computer to just work, of course.

Paper Tape
0 Kudos

I have the exact same problem. T440 laptop is about 6 month old. Problem seemed to appear within the last month. I'm wondering if this could be related to some updates in Windows or Lenovo? Did you ever find a solution? Thanks.