Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xknower
Paper Tape
Views: 1,167
Message 121 of 174

Re: T440s speaker noise

Hi there,

I have the same issue on my T540p. It is really annoying in silent environments (When you are at home and everyone is sleeping).

There are two issues according to me:

1. A background noise "shhhhhhhhhh" that comes after playing a sound. This one can be heard by anyone. By muting the sound, it disappears.

2. An electronical isolation issue but really low and that one is barely noticable. It is like a sound of the old analog modems trying to connect on a phone line for internet but at a very low sound level.

I am sure that problem one can be addressed as muting removes it. It therefore has to be a software issue. Problem two is probably never going to be resolved without a better isolation of the sound card from the mother board.

Sinbad
Punch Card
Views: 1,138
Message 122 of 174

After 4 months the reply is "we are looking for a sample"..

Great Mark, this 30 billion dollar company could not notice a problem that almost everybody else experiences.

My next business latop will not be purchased from Lenovo.

Krystian_PL
SCSI Port
Views: 1,079
Message 123 of 174

I read the whole topic again and after a few months still no solution doesn't looks good and professional..
I think that Lenovo doesn't know how to solve it.. yet.
Mark, maybe You should contact Realtek??
HDtoVI
What's DOS?
Views: 993
Message 124 of 174

Hello, I too have a T440s with this problem. It started out back in October, a month after I got the laptop. I went to a Service Provider, they verified the problem and put in a new motherboard. Problem is the same. They said they sent it to Lenovo and they didnt see (or hear more likely) the problem. I was told to contact Lenovo and set up a warranty situation. I did and sent them my laptop. Lenovos promise of getting it back in 5 work days turned out to be closer to 10. I got it back, and nothing changed. "We're sending you back your laptop, unrepaired, because our technicians couldnt replicate the problem". I had sent them a link to this thread, yet nothing. Today I got my laptop back and opened it up. I unplugged the speakers and lo and behold, the "shhh" noise is gone. Normally when I plugged in headphones it got worse, but with the speakers unplugged theres no noise, nothing. Headphones work perfectly but its only a temporary solution obviously (not paying 1000+€ for a laptop and then not being able to use the speakers..). I think the problem has to do with the fact that the speaker cables are extremely flimsy and not isolated properly. The left speaker has a much longer cable that passes by quite a few components and the left speaker also causes the large part of the "shh" noise.

Im going to contact my service provider again and see if they can isolate the speaker cables or replace the speakers and see if that helps...

Edit: Service Provider told me to send my Laptop back to lenovo again. Definetly my last lenovo laptop.

Krystian_PL
SCSI Port
Views: 958
Message 125 of 174

I am still wondering whether this issue is hardware or software
Xknower
Paper Tape
Views: 953
Message 126 of 174

It has to be both.

• When muting the sound, the shhhhh disappears.... that is therefore software.
  • However, even when muting the sound, there is a slight noise which is probably hardware.
ArtemAMA
Fanfold Paper
Views: 949
Message 127 of 174

Can you plug anything else instead of the speakers? If the noise stays, it might be grounding or interference. Otherwise the speakers themselves. Smiley Happy
HDtoVI
What's DOS?
Views: 942
Message 128 of 174

Unfortunately I cant plug anything else in. But what I can say is that if the speakers are plugged in, and I use the line out for headphones, the "shh" noise becomes MUCH louder. if the speakers aren't plugged in and I use headphones everything is fine.

Krystian_PL
SCSI Port
Views: 912
Message 129 of 174

I can see that new driver has been released on the 25 of March, but nothing metioned about hiss/sound noise.
cshen24
Punch Card
Views: 900
Message 130 of 174

I guess it's no surprise to confirm that the new drivers do nothing to resolve this issue.
Top Kudoed Authors