cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pholop
What's DOS?
Views: 805
Message 1 of 4

T440s touchpad replacement killed fingerprint reader?

Just recently installed a generic/ALPS T440s touchpad onto my T440s. Using the ALPS driver to get the synaptics tab to show up again in my mouse options has since killed my fingerprint reader (I believe). I would really appreciate a solution, besides getting a genuine T450 touchpad. Thank you!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 767
Message 2 of 4
Moved:

Re: T440s touchpad replacement killed fingerprint reader?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 764
Message 3 of 4

Unlike some other models, the T440s fingerprint reader cable doees not run along with the touchpad cable.  It is a separate cable that runs directly to the motherboard.  With the base cover off, it is on the left side, near where the speakers connect.  When you remove or disconnect the motherboard to get access needed to replace the touchpad, it is easy to forget to connect the fingerprint cable or to hide it under the motherboard so that it is easy to miss.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Pholop
What's DOS?
Views: 756
Message 4 of 4

I actually double checked just now and saw that the ribbon cable wasn’t inserted in all the way and now it works fine. Thanks for that. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors