Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
inosigu
What's DOS?
Views: 2,167
Message 1 of 4

T450 SSD upgrade

Hello,

What is the best SSD i can buy for the T450? and what is the best RAM? i want the highest performance for work. And does this laptop support the new SSDs? Such us PCIe-M.2.

I really want the best i can buy.

Thank you in advance

Lenovo Support Partner
Views: 2,091
Message 2 of 4

Re: T450 SSD upgrade

T450 does not support NVMe drives, only 2.5in SATA SSD drives. "Best" would be something like Samsung 860 Pro, however best Price-Performance would be something like Samsung 860 Evo. U can try to find original Lenovo RAM 8GB = FRU 03X6657 / MPN 0B47381. Or for example Crucial RAM (8GB=CT102464BF160B). Used RAM can be used as well, will be quite cheaper probably.

Disclaimer: I am not Lenovo employee. While I do work for Lenovo Partner, all my contributions are my personal, non-official and not that of Lenovo or my employer.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,082
Message 3 of 4

Not only 2.5" drives.  The T450 can also support a 2242 m.2 SATA (not PCIe/NVMe) SSD in the WWAN slot if it's not occupied by a WWAN card.

http://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/ThinkPad/ThinkPad%20T450/ThinkPad_T450_Platform_Specificatio...

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/t450_hmm_en_sp40a27225_01.pdf

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Lenovo Support Partner
Views: 2,064
Message 4 of 4

Yes sure, but OP wanted BEST PERFORMING SSD.
2242 SSDs are mostly junk ...

Disclaimer: I am not Lenovo employee. While I do work for Lenovo Partner, all my contributions are my personal, non-official and not that of Lenovo or my employer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors