Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kotarou
Paper Tape
Views: 1,450
Message 1 of 6

T450 TouchScreen Problem

Hi, I noticed recently that my touchscreen on my T450 is not working.

Also on my computer properties it's says that there is no Pen/Touch input available.

Sometimes it appears and still doesn't work and most of the time does not appear.

Is there some kind of diagnostic or procedure to check if it's hardware or software related problem?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,445
Message 2 of 6

Re: T450 TouchScreen Problem

It is hard to diagnose without seeing it.  Do you have a warranty?  If you do, call support.  When the touch screen isn't visible, do the other USB devices still work?  (Touch digitizer connects as a USB device.)  I don't know what devices use the same USB hub controller, but if other USB devices are also "missing", I would guess the problem is a controller chip on the motherboard.  (USB devices include touchpad, keyboard, USB ports, camera, bluetooth, microphone)  Otherwise, my best guess is the digitizer itself.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
kotarou
Paper Tape
Views: 1,437
Message 3 of 6

Yes I do. I'll try later.

All the USB woks fine and no device is missing... I don't use the touchscreen regularly, but I just noticed when I was scrolling a web site and didn't work.

I was checking the diagnostic functions/programs and there isn't specific for the touch screen.

kotarou
Paper Tape
Views: 1,412
Message 4 of 6

I Just noticed something, I recently added a smart card reader on this unit. If I discocnnect it the touch screen comes back. If I keep the flat cable the touch screen does not work. Is there something that I can do to solve this conflict?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,407
Message 5 of 6

I don't know.  The smart card reader is another USB device.  Again, are you under warranty? 

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
kotarou
Paper Tape
Views: 1,390
Message 6 of 6

I Guess I found the problem.

It's the same issue with other models and it seems that is a compatibility problem when combining TouchScreen + Smart Card Reader.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T440-touch-screen-is-not-working-with-sm...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors