11-05-2016 03:53 AM
I have a problem with finding updates through Lenovo Companion on my T450 with Windows 10. I am getting "There was problem with finding updates. Try again later" (or something like that, I have this error in Polish).
First time I found this problem was in September or even August, but I thought it is something with Lenovo servers, but it still doesn't work for me.
Do you have this problem too? What can I do?
11-05-2016 05:07 AM
Companion and Lenovo settings are 2 different apps, both using system interface foundation (SIF).
Let's reset the apps.
1. Uninstall Companion
2. Uninstall Lenovo settings if installed.
3. Uninstall SIF via programs/features. This requires a reboot.
4. If found, delete c\programdata\lenovo\imcontroller
If found, delete c\programdata\lenovo\LenovoAudioPlugin
If found, delete c\programdata\lenovo\SystemUpdatePlugin
5. Download Companion from the windows store.
Launch it. It will download SIF. Install SIF, reboot. This will be SIF 1.0.066.01.
6. Companion will now self update to SIF 1.0.067.00. [I dont think this requires reboot].
About 10 minutes later, Companion system update should be working.
Do the errors still exist?
11-05-2016 05:37 AM