Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
partninja
Paper Tape
Views: 183
Message 1 of 2

T450 does not POST with base cover installed

Hello,

I am a certified repair technician for a large company. I am also Lenovo certified through my company for warranty repairs. We have ran into an issue with a T450 laptop we have not seen before. 

The system came in with a no POST issue. We unplugged the internal and external battery and did the reset by pressing and holding the power button and the small micro switch on the system board for 30 seconds. System would not POST so we ordered a new system board. The new board will NOT work with the bottom base cover installed. It will work with the base off, but as soon as it is put on again, the system does not POST. We then have to unplug both batteries and reset the board in order to even get it POST again (with or without batteries). It does work, with base installed, and no batteries plugged in. However, it also works with batteries installed, and no base cover. 

What is causing this problem? We have tried other batteries and bases with no resolution. 

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 103
Message 2 of 2

Re: T450 does not POST with base cover installed

There is a BIOS setting about bottom cover tamper detection.  I'm not sitting in front of a T450 right now so I'm unable to tell you the exact location of the setting.  See if you can find it and turn it off to avoid this problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors