Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

13 Posts

07-01-2015

Poland

9 Signins

128 Page Views

• Views: 128
  • Message 1 of 3

T450 failed BIOS update

2015-07-01, 12:52 PM

Hello everyone,

I have a brand new ThinkPad T450. I installed Windows 8.1 Pro (it was preinstalled with 7, but with licence for 8.1 too).

Next, I wanted to imstall newest drivers and update BIOS. I used ThinkVantage System Update for it.

After first scan, System Update marked BIOS update as critical update, so I accepted to install it. After some time (maybe two minutes or less) it prompted me that system will be rebooted - since I didn't do anything else on the laptop, I agreed.

The problem is... system didn't reboot. It looks like it went to sleep mode (like it's suspended). The power LED is fading on and off. 

Of course power cord was connected all the time - does it matter it was connected to docking station?

What can I do with that? Only warranty procedure?

Regards,

Kasia

Answer
Options

13 Posts

07-01-2015

Poland

9 Signins

128 Page Views

Re: T450 failed BIOS update

2015-07-02, 7:02 AM

Thank you very much for your answer. Though I didn't use it :) 

I left the computer without power adapter connected for the whole night, so the internal battery could discharge. And today, when I plugged the power adapter in and powered the computer on it just worked (and it had old BIOS)... I wonder what was the cause of the issue. 

And also, the BIOS update now ran without any complications.

The topic may be closed, I just wanted to leave my solution here for people who may encounter similar problem.

Replies(2)
Options

2015-07-01, 17:57 PM

Try pushing the reset button on the bottom of the laptop.

Answer
Options

13 Posts

07-01-2015

Poland

9 Signins

128 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

2015-07-02, 7:02 AM

Thank you very much for your answer. Though I didn't use it :) 

I left the computer without power adapter connected for the whole night, so the internal battery could discharge. And today, when I plugged the power adapter in and powered the computer on it just worked (and it had old BIOS)... I wonder what was the cause of the issue. 

And also, the BIOS update now ran without any complications.

The topic may be closed, I just wanted to leave my solution here for people who may encounter similar problem.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms