Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrera
Paper Tape
Views: 425
Message 1 of 5

T450 issues

We have ~60 Thinkpad T450's deployed, periodotically some of them do this weird thing when the users try to wake them up, the volume mute, microphone mute and FN key are all lit, but the screen is off. No matter what we do, we cannot power the machine on/off (not sure of it's state, even holding the button for prolonged periods does nothing).

The only solution I have found is to unscrew the back cover and pull the secondary battery, which isn't practicle, espically if a user is traveling. When the laptop comes back on, there is no error in event viewer. Not too sure what's going on?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 382
Message 2 of 5

Re: T450 issues

Do the ones that work and the ones that don't work all have the same BIOS version?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
jrera
Paper Tape
Views: 380
Message 3 of 5

Yes, they're all running the same version, 1.20?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 374
Message 4 of 5

This is not a fix, but gently pushing a straightened paper clip into the emergency reset hole (on bottom cover near lower center screw) might work and is easier than pulling the battery.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
jrera
Paper Tape
Views: 332
Message 5 of 5

Ah yeah that's a good call, I'll give that a try next time it comes up, definately easier then removing the cover. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors