Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kamil7x
Fanfold Paper
Views: 568
Message 1 of 4

T450 upgrade options

Hello,

I bought ThinkPad T450 few months ago, and I like it, but before shopping I didn't check motherboard, and it looks like I won't be able to upgrade processor in future, because it is soldered.

This is very unfortunate. I don't want to buy new laptop in near future, so I have a question. Is it (or will be) possible to replace motherboard to the one with socketed processor?

And what exactly can I upgrade in this model? Of course RAM and Hard Disk, but are there any other things?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers Smiley Happy

kamil7x
Fanfold Paper
Views: 525
Message 2 of 4

Re: T450 upgrade options

Could anyone answer my question? Even if it's "no", it's better than no answer Smiley Happy
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 521
Message 3 of 4

There isn't much to upgrade.  Modern laptops' design decisions seem to stress thinness and weight, rather than expandability.  

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 521
Message 4 of 4

There isn't much to upgrade.  Modern laptops' design decisions seem to stress thinness and weight, rather than expandability.  

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Top Kudoed Authors