cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RC4236
Fanfold Paper
Views: 137
Message 1 of 2

T450S screen back light not working after screen replacement due to screen crack.

I have just replaces a Thinkpad T450S cracked screen to a new one, but backlight does not work. System is booting up when looked at the screen with a flashlight, and external monitor works fine.

Also when checking the screen setup, only the external monitor is recognized, not the notebook screen.

I suspect a fuse for the backlight might be blown, does anyone has any idea where the fuse is located and to to get access to it?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

RC4236

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 121
Message 2 of 2

Re: T450S screen back light not working after screen replacement due to screen crack.

I don't have that board, but on most, the fuses are very near the LCD connector (sometimes on the other side) and are 2 or 3 amps (designation is "N" or "P")  The fuses are made by Littelfuse and can be bought at Mouser.com.  You need a fairly good rework station to replace them.  It is not a good job for the soldering iron you got in college.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors