Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uguraba
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,011
Message 1 of 8

T450s Machine Type

Hi, i have a t450s with machine type 20BWS5K400. I searched the forum also google but i couldn't find any answers about that type. I want to learn that, is that machine type is good or bad if we will compare other machine type. Is it in the bottom or top in the list ?

My second question is that, how can i understand the factory specs on that machine type ? Is there a SIM card board on integrated by default or not ? Please help me about to understand machine type. What is mean 20, BWS or 5K or 400 ?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,008
Message 2 of 8

Re: T450s Machine Type

Hello and welcome,

I can't parse the individual characters in the MT-M.  Go to SUPPORT (above), enter the MT-M in the search box, and click Machine Info.  That produces the below:

Processor: 1x Intel Core i7-5600U Processor(i7-5600U): : Memory: 1x 4GB DDR3L 1600: : Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64 preinstalled through downgrade rights in Windows 10 Pro(EN:English,TR:Turkish): : Hard Drive: 1x 512GB: : Wireless Network: 1x Bluetooth Version 4.0: : Ports: 1x 1 integrated VGA port: : Camera: 1x 720p HD Camera: : Graphics: 14.0 FHD: : Monitor: 3 Year On-site

It doesn't mention WWAN so it looks like there's no cellular card installed.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

uguraba
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,003
Message 3 of 8

Thank you, for your response;

I have, 8GB RAM, so i guess it is upgraded after the factory ?

Can i add SIM card board ? WWAN i guess ?

Can i upgrade graphics card ? or external graphics card box ?

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 934
Message 4 of 8

You have a "custom build" of your machine type, ie for a box store, online website, etc.

View the psref below for possible combinations of items for your machine.

http://psref.lenovo.com/Product/ThinkPad_T450s?search=true

Scroll to the bottom and click specifications. Focus on the top of the list... 20BWxxxx.

You can also scroll to the right.. then the fullscreen button shows, click this. 

This will give you an idea what to look for on the inside.

For example, all machines state NO sim card.

Memory,WLAN&bluetooth, wwan combinations show.

As far as upgrades, you will have to find out what you have on the inside.

Device manager, windows sysinfo, Lenovo Solution Center should help fill in the puzzle.

You may have to view the Hardware Maintenance Manual and open the machine up.   

Highlighted
uguraba
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 928
Message 5 of 8

Thank you, for your response;

I am getting to learn more about my thinkpad. I checked that list on that url however there is no any 20BWS model in that list. There is no any "S" letter on these models. Did i checked wrong ? I am living in Turkey, is there a chance this model will be unique for Turkey or middle east ?

Machine Type: 20BWS5K400

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 922
Message 6 of 8

Just use the 1st 4 letters. 20BW. As stated it is a custom/retailer build.

My google search for the full machine type came up blank, as did your search. 

The PSREF only shows official Lenovo shipped machines, no custom retailer builds.

WE=western europe US=us.

So your machine "looks like" a combo of items in the psref.

tmachine.PNG

uguraba
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 909
Message 7 of 8

I think this machine is looks like combo as you said. Because that specs are not match any of the list. I guess ,i can get the most correct results when i open the machine cover.

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 901
Message 8 of 8

If your are comfortable with opening the machine.

Special builds are over the planet.... for walmart, tigerdirect, bestbuy, amazon,etc.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors