Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
XXXXXXXXXIII
Paper Tape
Views: 599
Message 1 of 4

T450s Pro dock external monitor issue

I know this is a common problem, but so far I did not find a solution to it. 

The external monitors connected to my prodock via VGA and DVI blacks out every few seconds, especially during heavy usage. At first, I thought it was a power supply issue so I bought a 90W supply. Now the monitors stays on most of the time, but still blacks out every 10 minutes or so, even during standby with minimal power usage.

Then I tried editing the integrated graphics settings, updating/rolling back graphics driver, flashing the docking station firmware with every version I can find, and switching to ubuntu on the other drive, but there wasn't a single combination of settings which would keep the external monitor on for more than an hour without blacking out/disconnecting. 

So what should I do now? 

System info:

i7 5600u, 12G RAM, 16G + 128G ssd, 500G hdd, NO 940M, FHD IPS nontouch screen, Windows 10/Ubuntu 16.04

Thinkpad Prodock 04A1, 45W/90W power supply. All USB and audio ports works perfectly. 

Both monitors are 1440x900 at 60Hz, works flawlessly when attached to laptop VGA port. 

XXXXXXXXXIII
Paper Tape
Views: 556
Message 2 of 4

Re: T450s Pro dock external monitor issue

Bump... Anyone? Please help
dizzbuster
Punch Card
Views: 537
Message 3 of 4

Try upgrading the firmware for the dock.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/pd014572

XXXXXXXXXIII
Paper Tape
Views: 485
Message 4 of 4

Wish that could have worked, but nope... and it somehow got worse after updates. 

If anyone have a working set of 04A1 dock and external monitor can you please tell me the firmware version as well as the graphics card version please? 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors