Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cyrussiren
Paper Tape
Views: 1,422
Message 1 of 4

T450s Stuck on "Please Wait" / Windows Screen

I have a Thinkpad T450s that will not boot or let me get into the BIOS. I'm running Windows 10, and I'm pretty sure Windows recently did some updates before this issue started.

Currently, when I power it on, it'll do the following:

1. Progress past the Lenovo loading screen.

2. Hang on the "Please Wait" screen while the dotted circle icon spins. 

3. If I leave it for a 2+hours, it will progress to the Windows screen with my name, log-in picture, and the spinning circle.... and then do nothing else. 

4. I've left it on that Windows screen for 10+ hours, but it never progresses or gives me any sort of options to interact with it. Various key combinations yield no results. Cursor works, though -- freaking tease

I've hard restarted it about 10 times now with no change. 

When I attempt to hit Enter / F8 / delete / ctrl+alt+delete while it's in the Lenovo screen, it ignores the commands and won't bring up the BIOS or let me lauch into safe mode. 

I've also tried getting it to boot from the recovery drive on a thumbdrive, but it's also ignoring that. 

So, in short, it won't boot, and it won't let me bring up the BIOS, safe mode, or let me get at any sort of repair options. I'd appreciate any help you can offer -- thanks!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,415
Message 2 of 4

Re: T450s Stuck on "Please Wait" / Windows Screen

Does your machine have a warranty?  If so, call support to use it.  In U.S. it is 1-800-426-7378

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Cyrussiren
Paper Tape
Views: 1,406
Message 3 of 4

Thanks richk for your response. It's under the warranty and I'll send it in if need be.

Though, I just had a development: I hard restarted it again (fairly quickly after it switched from the Lenovo screen) and it's finally giving me options to Troubleshoot it. Hoping this works. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,403
Message 4 of 4

Hanging at startup might be a defective drive or memory error.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors