Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ylwen109
Paper Tape
Views: 1,545
Message 1 of 6

T450s battery life lacking

Hi

Anyone using Thinkpad T450s, everything is good excepet for the battery life. I bought late in 2015, I usually have a 3-4 hours unpludged, which only do some document editing, web browsing and some stuff like that, It is supposed to be 8 hours, is that right?

What the hell should I do?!!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,535
Message 2 of 6

Re: T450s battery life lacking

Hello and welcome,

I can't answer directly but it will depend on the combination of internal and external batteries you're running.  There were several options.

Which do you have?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

ylwen109
Paper Tape
Views: 1,497
Message 3 of 6

But how can I find the information about the internal and external battery options? I can see that my laptop are running 2 batteries!

ityodawannabe
Punch Card
Views: 1,484
Message 4 of 6

I hope this helps.

Select your battery icon at the bottom right of your screen.  

Select “Battery”.

Select “Battery Maintenance”.

Select “Battery Reset” and follow the steps.

Good Luck!

ylwen109
Paper Tape
Views: 1,474
Message 5 of 6

Thanks so much!

But I didn't find the "Battery", so there is no "Battery maintance" and next several steps.

When I clicked battery icon at the bottom right of the screen, the only thing I can choose is

"Power and sleep settings" and "Battery saver". And I can't find anything like"Battery maintaince" in these two buttons. Neither can they be found when I search the windows.

So what can I do next?

Thanks again!

ityodawannabe
Punch Card
Views: 1,457
Message 6 of 6

Sorry, my mistake. 

Try right clicking on the icon and selecting "Battery Information"

This should bring up a program called "Power Manager"

Battery maintenance will be on this screen.

Good Luck!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors