Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pwickens
Fanfold Paper
Views: 111
Message 1 of 3

T450s failed Hardware SMART scan on SSD

I have the T450s 20BX ThinkPad and have had several Short Scan failures on the SSD (SanDisk SSD U110 16GB - 14.91 GBs). I haven't resolved anything because after running the test a few more times, it passed. My latest test failed again and I started researching the issue. I downloaded SanDisk SSD Dashboard to diagnose the problem and it also failed the test, and showed the SSD had no data on it, and that the entire disk was unallocated. Since their is no data on the disk, is it necessary? 

Do I need to replace the SSD? Any known fixes? What would be most best/most reliable replacement SSD? 

Thanks for any thoughts, guidance, advice.

PW
Lenovo ThinkPad T450s 20BX
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 86
Message 2 of 3

Re: T450s failed Hardware SMART scan on SSD

This sounds like the little drive used for Intel SmartCache and not the main drive..  Intel no longer supports the product and there was never any significant benefit, simply another point of failure.  If I see those drives I remove them and recycle the parts

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
pwickens
Fanfold Paper
Views: 79
Message 3 of 3

Re: T450s failed Hardware SMART scan on SSD

Thank you, Rich.

Could I replace that small 16GB SSD with a larger capacity SSD and make it useful, fast storage?

PW
Lenovo ThinkPad T450s 20BX

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors