Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tadasj
Not applicable
Views: 1,063
Message 1 of 18

T450s i-browsers crash on video playback

Hey All,

I just got a new T450s and everytime I try to play a video on either Chrome, Opera or Firefox, they all freeze and crash. This does not happen on, e.g., VLC. Very weird problem.

It's i5-5300u, Intel HD5500, 8GB, 256 SSD, what else needed?

Otherwises works perfectly fine. The issue is certainly not related to any overheat or overload... I have no clue

Thanks,

Tadas 

idleman
Not applicable
Views: 1,044
Message 2 of 18

Re: T450s i-browsers crash on video playback

Hi,

Have you updated your "Display and Video Graphics" driver to the newest version?

You can find it on https://support.lenovo.com by providing your Product Number or by using the program "System Update" on your PC.

tadasj
Not applicable
Views: 1,036
Message 3 of 18

hi,

Thanks for response. 

yes, the windows updater says it is the latest driver and I used Lenovo's System update software to get all the drivers (there were other missing when i got the laptop as well). 

I've just downloaded Lenovo's Solution Center and ran video card hardware test and it passed it all (Result code: WVC00F000-UK7AUG)

I have noticed that some vimeo video's do not crash the browsers, but nothing works on youtube, indescrimintaly of video quality or anything (it would not even start playing).

tadasj
Not applicable
Views: 1,033
Message 4 of 18

And I have downloaded the driver manually and installed it no, nothing changed

sliout
Not applicable
Views: 1,016
Message 5 of 18

Have exact same issue. T450s. All latest updates both for Windows 8.1 64-bit and from Lenovo. IE plays youtube videos, chrome works for all sites, when click on youtube video - it has the spinning thing going forever and chrome freezes.

NateS
Not applicable
Views: 1,014
Message 6 of 18

@All...

Please have a look at this thread: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x1-...

Although it is describing a similar issue with the X1 Carbon Gen3, please note that the Carbon shares the same video driver with the T450s.

Regards.

(Edit: Ooops, yes. See @bananaman's post for the link I meant to include. Sorry for the confusion.)

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

bananaman
Not applicable
Views: 999
Message 7 of 18

tadasj
Not applicable
Views: 997
Message 8 of 18

Thanks! now this seems logical and possibly a solution. I will try once I
get to the laptop and will let you know.

Thanks!

tadasj
Not applicable
Views: 990
Message 9 of 18

So it did not work - I got to .4222 driver as mentioned in the other thread and the problem persists. The only time when youtube played on chrome was when I uninstalled the driver altogether.

I noticed though, that youtube plays on IE. But who uses that...

Any other ideas?

sliout
Not applicable
Views: 976
Message 10 of 18

Problem is definetely in graphics driver - I uninstalled .4206 that came from Lenovo site, checked that Windows Basic driver is displayed in Device Manager for Display Adapter. After that Chrome already started playing videos. After few minutes of doing nothing Windows on it's own went ahead and installed Intel HD Graphics 5500 driver of version .4170 - Chrome was still playing videos without problems.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors