Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mansarin
Punch Card
Views: 251
Message 1 of 5

T450s laptop restarts instead of waking from sleep

Hi all,

My t450s restarts instead of waking from sleep when it's been left in sleep for a prolonged period. It has happened multiple times and I cannot figure out what the issue is. It seems to only happen when the laptop is not plugged in to AC. That is, it always boots fine when it's waking while it's plugged in.

What gives? How can I fix this?

Cheers,

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 246
Message 2 of 5

Re: T450s laptop restarts instead of waking from sleep

Hi,

You're sure it's cold booting and not resuming from hibernation?

Have you checked you sleep settings to make sure it's not set to hibernate after a set time when on battery?  That's how I have mine set:  sleep and if that goes on for an extended time, hibernate.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

mansarin
Punch Card
Views: 219
Message 3 of 5

Yes. I've made sure hibernation is not allowed at all. The computer goes to sleep if and only if commanded to.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 201
Message 4 of 5

Roger that.

What's the battery state when you turn it back on?  What is the low battery threshold set to?

It could be that it's doing a low battery shutdown - either appropriately or because the trigger point is set to high.

Other than that, out of ideas...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

mansarin
Punch Card
Views: 175
Message 5 of 5

0%. And 7% is the warning threshold. And no, I always find that it has well over 7% left when it's back on. I'm almost certain it has nothing to do with the battery state.

Thanks again

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors