cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Borkar
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 547
Message 1 of 4

T450s - recent BIOS update 1.25 is an old BIOS version released months ago?

Hi,

I saw the new BIOS version 1.25 dated ‎14‎.‎09‎.‎2016 appearing on Lenovos support site. I did not check the version I was having on my system before downloading the "new BIOS", so I started the installer and the tool told me I already have this BIOS version. msinfo32.exe tells me I am having BIOS 1.25 dated 13.07.2016. So apparently the BIOS was released already some time ago and I already flashed it to 1.25.

So whats the point of re-releasing the 1.25? If there are any changes of todays version compared to the 1.25 released some time ago, is it worth flashing? If yes, how can I do this if the tool tells me I am already having the latest version and it does not let me override my BIOS?

Thanks and best regards,

Martin

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 507
Message 2 of 4

Re: T450s - recent BIOS update 1.25 is an old BIOS version released months ago?

If you have the latest version, you don't need to flash.  I BIOS (or other new files) may be out a while before they are available to Thinkvantage systems Update, etc.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Borkar
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 503
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply. That settles me.

i was just wondering because this BIOS version 1.25 has been relesed some months ago on the lenovo website and now they put it online again as if it was a new version with a recent date - but it still is 1.25. I don't use System Update etc., I download my drivers always manually from lenovo.com.

Borkar
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 462
Message 4 of 4

Nice. Now they released BIOS 1.26 for T450s but you can still download only 1.25 (for the Windows Flash Utility).

http://support.lenovo.com/de/de/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/ThinkPad-T-Series-laptops/ThinkPad-T45...

I dont get it.

Top Kudoed Authors