cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Linus123
Blue Screen Again
Views: 742
Message 1 of 2

T450s supervisor password not accepted after BIOS update and rollback to old bios does not work

Hello,

Problem 1:

I've set the supervisor password some time ago on my T450s. I think I used the special character "!" which was accepted at that time, but I'm not sure anymore today. Now after severeal BIOS updates the "!" only leads to a beep of the system and I also tried all of my standard-passwords without "!" , but without success.

Problem 2:

Now I've tried to roll back to older BIOS versions to try if one of these accepts the "!". But every version I tried leads to a "secure flash authentication failed"-error after the reboot of the laptop to actually flash the BIOS. The following link says its the Rollback Prevention Enabled, but I checked in BIOS and it's clearly disabled.

https://support.lenovo.com/sg/de/solutions/ht117858

Now I have no idea how to proceed.

Has anyone seen that the BIOS has accepted special characters like "!"?

Are there other T450s which are not able to rollback to older BIOS versions with the above mentioned error?

Technical Infos:

- Model: ThinkPad T450s 20BW-S03E00 (the one with Intel graphics only and a core i5-5200)

- BIOS: 1.29(JBET65WW)

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Linus123

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 712
Message 2 of 2

Re: T450s supervisor password not accepted after BIOS update and rollback to old bios does not work

As far as I know,, no BIOS password has ever allowed a "!"

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors