Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gerrit9704
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,838
Message 1 of 3

T460 Battery 1: not detected

I recently bought a second hand Lenovo T460 for university work and such. I powered on the laptop and went to the battery on the desktop and saw that it has 2 hours remaining (it was fully charged) I then saw it said that battery 1 is not detected. I followed a youtube video explaing on how to open the laptop and what to look for. The guy had a wire that was plagged in the motherboard labeled internal battery or battery 1 something along those lines. I checked if I had the same cable and i didn't, I have the same port but no cable connecting the internal battery to the motherboard. My question is this, can it be fixed, where can I get such a cable and how can i resolve this issue?

Thanks.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,833
Message 2 of 3

Re: T460 Battery 1: not detected

The battery is optional.  If there is no battery purchased with the laptop, there is a spacer that fills the space.  That is probably what you have.  You can buy a battery, remove the spacer and plug the battery in.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
MePrimo
What's DOS?
Views: 587
Message 3 of 3

Re: T460 Battery 1: not detected

Where is this spacer?  Is it simple to install the battery or does it require opening the unit and solder?  Thanks for providing the solution.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors