Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
engoci
Fanfold Paper
Views: 246
Message 1 of 2

T460 Battery drop performance to 50 % in just one day

Hi, 

I've been using my TP 460 (Win 10) everyday just to study (Word, EndNote, Chrome... that stuff.) Just one week ago, my battery was performing just fine---it gave me 6 to 7 fantastic hours of fine work. However, now it only gives me 3 hours at its best. I know that batteries drain slowly over time (this is not my first ThinkPad,) but I'm pretty sure that this process doesn't happen in 24 hours! I repeat: just a week ago it gave me 6 straight hours ---seven days later, just 3 all of a sudden.

There was one incident that I recall. About a week ago, the battery icon in the taskbar (Win 10 Pro) has gone: nor hidden, nor shaded---just gone. 

When looking at "Select which icons appear on the taskbar", in Settings, "Power" is on. When looking at "Turn system icons on or off", the "Power" button appears shaded, with no possibility of turning it on or off (even though it appears as "On"). 

I tried to clear all static from PC. So I removed the AC cord and the battery, and prepared to push the power button several times, you know... I didn't know that my TP had an internal battery. So, to my surprise, the computer started... and kept working for almost two hours. I waited until the power got drained. I put on the battery again, and the AC cord, and continued to work normally. After several restarts, the power icon returned... but my battery now lasts only 3 hours. 

What is happening? Any ideas, please? 

Details: 
-TP 460
-Bought as: new
-Date of purchase: June 2017
-Battery scheme: Balanced
-Last BIOS update: about a month ago

Best regards, 

Enrique

Enrique
TP 460, Intel i7-6500U, 2.50 GHz, RAM 8Gb, HDD 1 Tb
BIOS: R06ET58W (1.32)
Windows 10 Pro (build: 15063)
engoci
Fanfold Paper
Views: 188
Message 2 of 2

Re: T460 Battery drop performance to 50 % in just one day

Hi, 

I think that what might be happening is a problem with the external battery. Although both batteries appear to be in "Good" condition, the internal one has up to 3 hours when charged at 100 %, as measured by the own system, while the external one gives me 1 hour when charged at 100 %. 

What happened with the external battery in just one week? Anyone, please? Does reseting the gauge could help? 

Anyone, please?

Enrique
TP 460, Intel i7-6500U, 2.50 GHz, RAM 8Gb, HDD 1 Tb
BIOS: R06ET58W (1.32)
Windows 10 Pro (build: 15063)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors