Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
T3RM1NU5
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,862
Message 1 of 9

T460 FHD display issues

I recently oredred a T460, and was immediately disapointed to see I had virical lines / grid going through my LCD when I first powered it on.   Over time the lines fade away.  Is this normal behavior is this a known defect in the display?   It is a really bad blemish on what is overall a top of the line computer.

When I googled the issue I had several results from /r/thinkpad stating people had the same problems.   One example is this thread.

In this thread two videos are post one with lines  and another one after some time when the lines fade away.

Is this every T460?  Can someone confirm that they do not have the issue?   I recently called support and they consider my laptop DOA and I am going to get a replacment. 

My worry is I will get stuck with the exact same issue on a replacment unit.  If that happens I will end up returning my unit completely, which is a heart breaker because the T460 is exactly what I want in a laptop computer.    

correnty
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,745
Message 2 of 9

Re: T460 FHD display issues

I have the exact same issue as well on my T460s FHD non-touch display.

There are vertical lines/box-grids on panels of solid colour, and this effect is most visible upon startup, and at the windows login page (because of the large panels of solid blue colours). After waking the laptop from sleep, this effect is also visible.

Also, I noticed that this effect is more prominent on fast-motion videos such as movies or cartoons (the solid blocks of colour). It is incredibly distracting when watching videos and gives the illusion of screen-tearing for me. 

The display unit I am using is LGD 14.0 FHD IPS AG, according to Lenovo's PartsLookup tool, but is labelled N140HCE-EAA, LEN40A9 according to Windows Device Manager and HWiNFO64.

A quick google search of LEN40A9 reveals that I am using an Innolux display, similar to this review model by Notebookcheck

Hopefully, Lenovo Support may properly acknowledge and address this problem, as many users have been complaining about it already, and in my opinion, is a major manufacturing defect.

EDIT:

My machine was ordered in mid-June, and from the time I received it till now, the issue is still present.

chrisonrails
What's DOS?
Views: 5,052
Message 3 of 9

I have the exact same issue, and it is actually getting worse since it was bought in July

Former Employee
Views: 4,874
Message 4 of 9

In response to customer reports of unexpected vertical lines on T460 and T460s ThinkPad systems configured with FHD displays, Lenovo has provided a solution.

Please contact Lenovo Service and reference Service TIP # SF16-T0091. The system will be need to be serviced under warranty.

Thank you,

zkrudy
Paper Tape
Views: 4,576
Message 5 of 9

I had the same issue with screen tearing (vertically); I noticed it when scrolling up/down on google chrome. I seem to have fixed the issue by enabling the pagefile and letting the system manage the size. 

zkrudy
Paper Tape
Views: 4,576
Message 6 of 9

I had the same issue with the same monitor on the t460s, but I noticed the vertical screen tearing while scrolling webpages in google chrome. I seem to have fixed the issue by enabling the page file and letting the system manage the size. Hope this helps. 

sung_hoon
What's DOS?
Views: 4,542
Message 7 of 9

Can I get an LCD replacement service for this issue?

slowhand76
What's DOS?
Views: 4,412
Message 8 of 9

I have the same issue on my new T460. I have tried to take some pictures with my iphone, but difficult to capture. even when its clearly visible on the phone, it isnt when i transfer to laptop

serwa84
What's DOS?
Views: 1,957
Message 9 of 9

Hi.

I had the same issue with this vertival lines in my T460s LCD.

I was very disappointed with this.

Fortunately, when I contacted with the polish customer care and descripted the issue, they arranged lcd replacement in my house, i think in time of 2-3 days, so quite fast Smiley Happy

New LCD fixed the problem!

ThinkPad have on client site warranty, what's great and had been finally quite usefull Smiley Very Happy

Worth the price, but shame on lenovo for poor parts quality release in a such prestige line as a T series is Smiley Sad

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors