Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
advhound
Blue Screen Again
Views: 532
Message 1 of 1

T460 Intermittent Charging

Hello,

I am experieincing intermittent charging on my T460. It seems like it is isolated to when the external 6-cell battery is plugged into the T460. Please see attached for demonstration of what the battery status shows. Windows and Linux. Can anyone help me?

I have completed the following steps and have confirmed:

• Plug in and without moving the laptop or the charger the charging will cycle (status showing plugged in, not plugged in), sometimes as quick as every 5 seconds, sometimes longer
  • I thought my charger was causing this, so I replaced it. Experiencing the same issue with new charger.
  • This happens when charging on my dock and charging directly.
  • When I remove the 6-cell external battery, the issue appears to not happen.
  • Thought the female charging plug on T460 could have been causing this, but as stated above, this happens when chargin on the dock as welll.
  • From what I can tell, the external battery provides consistent power to the laptop when discharging, which confirms, at least partially that the external battery contacts on the both laptop and battery side are in tact.
  • The battery contacts and laptop battery contacts appear in good order and clean.
  • This happens regardless of charging percentage. It does not happen when it reaches __%
  • No damage has occured that might explain this behavior

Below is a ANIMATAED gif showing what the battery monitor shows

Peek 2018-06-29 10-30.gifbattery_codes.PNG

Thanks,

advhound

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors