cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ESB214
Paper Tape
Views: 259
Message 1 of 5

T460 Touch Screen Deadpixels, Need Replacement or Upgrade.

Hi everyone,

I have a T460 (20FNCTO1WW) that has a touchscreen panel. Unfortunately, the screen has blotches of deadish pixels (still has color, but are greyish). I would like to replace the screen, but am having a hard time finding a replacement. It seems like 40-pin touch screens for the T460 got discontinued?

Regardless, I hardly ever use the touch screen feature, so would be open to going non-touch, but not really sure how to go about doing that. Are there 40-pin to 30-pin converters so I could go with a 30-pin monitor? Are T450 or T470 monitors an option?

Guru
Views: 248
Message 2 of 5

Re: T460 Touch Screen Deadpixels, Need Replacement or Upgrade.

Hi,

Have you looked at parts lookup?  Choose LCD assemblies on the left.  The FHD incell screen shows its in stock at the Lenovo encompass site.  

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-...

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 243
Message 3 of 5

Other things would need to be changed (cable, lid, etc.)  I think 00ny409 is the part and it's a good number.  If you look here, there are also substitutes.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/partslookup

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
ESB214
Paper Tape
Views: 242
Message 4 of 5

It seems like they have a couple of them is stock, but doesn't say if it's 30pin or 40pin? I believe I have a 40pin screen. Some of them are also $200+ dollars and seeing as this will be my third screen in 1.5 years of ownership, I was hoping to get either 1) a cheap option (i guess could be accomplished with a 40pin to 30pin converter if that is even an option?) 2) or upgrade to a better quality alternative, which I don't know what that would look like?

ESB214
Paper Tape
Views: 239
Message 5 of 5

So if I replace the screen, I also have to replace the lid, cables, etc? Or is that just for changing from 40pin to 30pin?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors