Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gcodrutv
Paper Tape
Views: 345
Message 1 of 3

T460 dead pixel screen

Hi all,

On my T460 touch screen, I have some white lines, visible on darker images. Presume dead pixels.

The machine is still in warranty and I logged a ticket with support for screen replacement.

For over 1 month I'm trying to get a clear answer from Lenovo engineers why the warranty has been refused based on "Customer Induced Damage" of a (explanation received in writing from Lenovo) " Screen damaged by touching".

If I'm correct, a touch screen is designed to be operated by touching, otherwise what is the purpose.

Can anybody can help me on this issue?

Why Lenovo is refusing to honour the warranty on touch screens?

All the assessment has been made on photos and ignore the fact has been mentioned that white lines are only when screen is power on and no scratches, dents or other damages.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 286
Message 2 of 3

Re: T460 dead pixel screen

Hi gcodrutv!

Thank you for using the community forums.

Could you provide a photo that shows the white lines on the screen? Try also to access the BIOS and check if the issue remains on the screen while in the BIOS.

Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

gcodrutv
Paper Tape
Views: 275
Message 3 of 3

Re: T460 dead pixel screen

Hi Mark,

Curently the laptop has been sent to the workshop for a "proper" inspection that initialy has been refused.

The lines are visible even in BIOS menu.

Also over the phone I have been told that is a known common issue with touch screens, but when support logged a waranty void, have been denied based on the fact is not a known issue.

The resolutuon has been comunicated over the phone ( i called looking for updates) and never been sent by email despite the fact I requested.

The machine has on site support and has also have been refused. Is not covered ?

I discussed with a local service dealer and he confirmed exactly the oposite.

Attached picture is the most recent one.

Can you please tell me why the support is so unprofessional ?

Why the warranties are been refused/ delayed?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors