10-26-2019

ZA

1 Signins

68 Page Views

• Views: 68
  • Message 1 of 1

T460 won't turn on

2019-10-26, 15:00 PM

My Lenovo T460 won't turn on. Currently when I hit power I get a flash on two fn keys and a light on the power button and some action from the fan. I have:

- removed battery and held power for 60 seconds .

- pushed reset pin.

My laptop is 2 years old. It started giving me problems about 5 months after I bought it. Any time I bumped it, even just putting it down on a table, it would freeze up completely (even the audio), I'd have to hard restart, and usually reset the bios before it would boot again. This got quite bad in June, sometimes it would take me up to 30 minutes to get it on, so I took it in for repairs. They said it was a screen cable. Worked for about a week and then started giving me trouble again. So I opened it up myself and checked all the connections. Was better for a while after that but was still freezing up about once a week at least.

Yesterday it froze up and I couldn't get it to turn on. I took it to a different repair shop. They checked the ram, power supply, screen and cables and couldn't get it on. They're saying it might be the motherboard.

I'm trying to decide whether to keep trying to get this fixed or just buy a new laptop (after this I experience I might even consider going mac). Does this sound like it could be the motherboard? Or am I just wasting my time with still trying to get this thing fixed?

Might be worth mentioning I have both windows and Ubuntu installed in duel boot. Don't know if that might be relevant.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete