Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lpinho
Paper Tape
Views: 4,183
Message 1 of 5

T460P - Inserted SIM card, nothing happened

Hi,

I've received a T460P laptop, and I tried the 3G module by inserting a data sim into the slot, but nothing is altered in Windows 10, if I insert a 3G pen, it immediately shows the cellular icon.

How can I check if the hardware is present and active?

Do I've to do something to active the hardware?

Note: In the Device Manager, there's no device with an exclamation point or any warning that no driver exists.

2nd Note: In the BIOS, the Wireless WAN is Enabled

Thanks ahead for your help,

L. Pinho

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,156
Message 2 of 5

Re: T460P - Inserted SIM card, nothing happened

Hello and welcome,

If you're asking how to verify that a WWAN card is installed - other than via Device Manager - go to SUPPORT above, enter your serial number or MT-M (like 20FW000TUS as a US example) in the search box, then expand the machine info in the resulting page.

You can also post your MT-M here.  Don't post your serial number.

Example below.

Z.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en

T450s Serial Number Search.PNG

T450s Macine Info.PNG

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

lpinho
Paper Tape
Views: 4,151
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply. 

It seems like it doesn't have any 3G card. 

Processor: Intel Core i7-6700HQ Processor(Core i7-6700HQ): : Memory: 8GB DDR4-2133: : Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64 preinstalled through downgrade rights in Windows 10 Pro(EN:English,POSmiley Tongueortuguese): : Hard Drive: 256GBOPAL2.0: : Wireless Network: Intel Wireless 8260(2x2AC) with BT4.1: : Ports: 4-in-1 Media Card Reader (SD, MMC, SDHC, SDXC); HDMI; RJ-45; Mini DP; Microphone/Headphone Jacks; VGA out; CS13 Docking; 3 USB 3.0: : Camera: 720p HD Camera: : Monitor: 14.0 FHD LED: :

Richiii
What's DOS?
Views: 3,520
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

I have the same problem. Didi you get any helpfull answer? My Simcard was working for one day when I wanted to change it because low datavolume it cant find the Simcard anymore.

lpinho
Paper Tape
Views: 3,519
Message 5 of 5

Hi, 

my sim card was never detected, so, my problem seems to be different from yours, although the laptop has the slot to insert the sim card, the electronics are either missing or disabled. 

Best Regards, 

L.  Pinho 

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors